Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"It Sounds like a Bambi Movie Out Here!"

Tree: A Life StoryTrees: A Visual GuideThe Life & Love of Trees

As I was walking to the Starbucks a couple of mornings ago I passed a neighbor while several different species of birds were singing.  As I walked past we nodded at each other and he exclaimed with a strange smile (like he hadn't heard so many birds in the city before), "It sounds like a Bambi movie out here!"  I nodded and waited until he had passed before I chuckled and made a mental note to talk about our conversation on my blog!
Birds
My neighbor's statement echos how Seattle's policies and changes have improved the overall urban landscape and the environment.  The birds are back to the center/core-- the Capitol Hill neighborhood-- the most populated area of the city.

Seattle has done several things in the past few years to encourage nature to return:
Trees give us so much.

Way to go Seattle!




2 comments:

  1. I work for Living Routes and we applaud Seattle's initiatives! Not only that, but we have 2 summer courses that we run at an ecovillage called Sirius, one for permaculture and the other greenbuilding. I hope that by educating more people on sustainable design while giving them hands-on experience there will be more creativity and brilliant innovation leading us to a Green future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie for leaving a comment! That is awesome that Living Routes has so many things going on regarding greenbuilding and green futures for the planet! ROCK ON!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for commenting on the COMPOST THIS! blog. We will review your message and post it as quickly as possible!