Wednesday, February 02, 2011

WORMS eat my GARBAGE........

Worms Eat My Garbage: How to Set Up and Maintain a Worm Composting SystemWorms Eat Our Garbage: Classroom Activities for a Better EnvironmentYep. WORMS get my garbage. I remember facilitating a worm bin making workshop at Forest Park Nature Center back when I was a naturalist. (I'm still a naturalist just not a paid one right now LOL ). Anyway, worm bins are FUN and a great way to get the best soil around. The Whatcom County (Washington State) website tells exactly how to build one for under $15.00.



HERE IS TO WORMS!
One of the largest worms known to science is the Giant Palouse earthworm aka Washington Giant Earthworm (Driloleirus americanus), found right here in Washington State! They are thought to reach 3 feet in length. CHECK IT OUT -Click HERE-.

Heck yeah! I want earthworms that big in my garden YOU BETCHA! Can you imagine the amount of compost they would make?

Photo:  ESA blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for commenting on the COMPOST THIS! blog. We will review your message and post it as quickly as possible!