Thursday, June 02, 2011

BYOB! Bring Your Own Bag!

Waste-Less Bags Variety Pack (Pack of 6)Envirosax Sesame Street Shopper,Elmo,one sizeEnvirosax Origami Shopper,Zen,one sizeSAY YES! To BYOB!  Bring Your Own BAG!   I've been trying to keep a reusable bag in my backpack for years.  It all started back in the 1980s in Central Illinois where I got the funniest looks at the grocery store...........

I take my BYOB everywhere!  It is not just for groceries anymore!!

In fact, I've become so addicted to NOT having plastic bags around that I recycled my last batch of them the other day.  NO MORE PLASTIC BAGS!  (I reuse the 2 plastic bags I have ---they are liners for my trash bins in the kitchen and bathroom).  All food waste is composted and most everything else is recycled.  Basically, I throw out a small bag of trash less than once a month.  It is SO cool to look under the sink and NOT see plastic everywhere! 

I love my re-useable bags!  Not only are they great for the environment they hold a ton, I can throw them over my shoulder on my walk back to my apartment (no more numb finger syndrome). 
BYOB!  we are changing the world ...........Yeah baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for commenting on the COMPOST THIS! blog. We will review your message and post it as quickly as possible!