Monday, January 11, 2010

Energy Alternatives for the Apartment Dweller

Ok. So I want to go solar, but I want to live in an apartment. What is a renter like me supposed to do?
Well...........let me tell ya' we -as a human culture- will come up with everything. Check out this company: VERANDA SOLAR they are creating apartment-sized solar panels! SWEET! It is a load & go design.........sit it on the balcony etc. Here is an announcement article by Alternative Energy Info.

My friend Bernard and I were talking the other day about harnessing the energy of people! What about a cafe that had a bike hooked up to a generator...........30 minutes pays for the latte!
Well......Bernard and I aren't far off from this concept. Check out the "CROWD FARMS" large amounts of people -everyone actually- has electric charge and can create great amounts of electricity. In fact according to the article "sitting on a stool can light 4 LED lights". Go figure, and they don't talk about spinning in circles while you are sitting there.
So lets get going people! LETS LIGHT THE TOWN-literally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for commenting on the COMPOST THIS! blog. We will review your message and post it as quickly as possible!